The UBM Tech Game Network assists schools with student recruitment and student placement via our industry leading events, online properties, and award winning print publications.
Schools that utilize the UBM Tech Game Network properties include Vancouver Film School, DigiPen, Full Sail University, University of Advancing Technology, Boston University, Savannah College of Art & Design, University of Central Florida, Center for Distance Education, Carnegie Mellon, Masters of Digital Media, Santa Barbara Community College, Gnomon School of Visual Effects, the Art Institute Online, The Guildhall at SMU, Academy of Art, Brown College, and many more.
Events – The Game Developers Conference® (GDC) is the largest event for aspiring and professional game developers in the world. From the flagship event each spring in San Francisco, through regional conferences in Europe, China, and Austin, Texas, GDC is the essential forum for learning, inspiration, and networking with the largest gathering of game industry HR reps under one roof.
- For more than 26 years, GDC continues to showcase cutting edge technologies and industry trends in gaming, technologies, and game education.
- GDC's worldwide conferences serve over 500 exhibitors and sponsors, and 26,000 attendees, from more than 70 countries each year
- Home of the Independent Games Festival (IGF), recognizing the best independent game developers – professional and student – since 1998.
GameCareerGuide.com is ideal for student recruitment as it is dedicated solely to aspiring game developers and artists with exclusive content and the largest directory of active game schools online.
- More than 58,000 unique visitors each month
- Average visitor spends more than 10 minutes researching game education on the site each month
- 1 in 9 visitors click thru to a school's website upon reading their school profile
- Home to the fastest growing e-newsletter in the Gamasutra network with more than 23,000 opt-in subscribers
Gamasutra.com is ideal for school / event promotion and recruitment into post graduate and continuing education programs.
An internationally recognized and Webby Award winning online community, Gamasutra.com delivers daily news and original features to a global audience.
- Over 550,000 registered members
- Approximately 34% of site visitors are located outside the United States.
- The most comprehensive job board for game developers on the web
- Then largest resume database of game developers - over 28,000 – is utilized by leading game companies as part of their recruitment efforts. (Resume hosting is part of free membership)
Print - Game Developer magazine delivers an elite readership of more than 35,000 professional game development subscribers. Studios, HR professionals, game developers, ad educators count on the Maggie Award winning Game Developer magazine for the most relevant and respected content in the game industry.
The Annual Game Career Guide is 'a bible for the aspiring game developer'. Released each June by the publishers of Game Developer magazine, this supplement contains exclusive content, features, an abbreviated listing of game and game related programs around the world.
The Annual Game Career Guide is distributed at leading industry and consumer throughout the year, including Game Developer Conferences (GDC's) in the United States, Europe and China. And download the digital version freely from GameCareerGuide.com.